VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
Aircraft Configuration Sync feature now available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Aircraft Configuration Sync feature now available Reply with quote

To all vPilot users:

I've just finished making available a new version of vPilot which implements a new extension to the VATSIM network protocol known as "ACCONFIG". This protocol enables pilot clients to exchange information in real time about their aircraft configuration, such as which lights are on, whether or not the gear is down, how much the flaps are extended, etc. To help ensure compatibility with future clients, this protocol extension was created by a team of developers including myself and several members of the swift development team.

Version 1 of the protocol supports exchanging the following information between clients:

• Landing gear down (yes/no)
  • Spoilers deployed (yes/no)
  • Aircraft is on the ground (yes/no)
  • Flaps extension (percentage)
  • Strobe lights on (yes/no)
  • Landing lights on (yes/no)
  • Taxi lights on (yes/no)
  • Beacon lights on (yes/no)
  • Navigation lights on (yes/no)
  • Logo lights on (yes/no)
  • Which engines are running

In order to ensure a thorough test of this new feature in vPilot, I've decided to release it as an open beta. To facilitate providing access to beta versions of vPilot, I have updated the built-in auto-update feature so that the user can choose from one of two channels: "Stable" and "Beta". The current stable version (1.1.5507.32103) adds a new option in the settings window where you can choose which update channel you want to use. This will be set to "Stable" by default. If you change it to "Beta", then restart vPilot, it will check to see if there is an open beta version that is newer than the version you are currently running, and allow you to download and install it. The latest Stable and Beta versions are also available for download from the vPilot web site.

The latest version in the Beta channel is 1.1.5507.32141, and this is the version that adds ACCONFIG support. I encourage everyone to switch to the Beta channel and download this version so that we can get a good number of users testing out this new feature. Those of you that do regular group flights with friends and VA members, please point them to this thread so that they can learn how to grab the beta version and assist with testing. Obviously, you can't really test out this new feature unless other aircraft nearby are also using it. Smile

Please let me know if you see any issues. Thanks, and enjoy!

CXA001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ross,

Updated to the beta version tonight 1.1.5507.32103 and none of the new features are working.

Looked at the debug log and there is no sign of the ACCONFIG information being sent or received.

We are flying our VFRiday event tonight, so if you want to jump on and see, you should know where to find us.

Regards,
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not the beta version, that's the stable version, which does not have ACCONFIG. You want to go into settings, switch to the Beta channel, then restart vPilot. You will be prompted to download the latest beta.

CXA001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed that part.

About 10 of us updated and flew with it during our event all the features w/ flaps, lights, landing gear, etc. all worked great.

Everyone is really impressed! Very Happy
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent ... thanks for the feedback.

Tzu Krew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Big time problems with the beta. Had to roll back to the stable version.
Al the AI aircraft were all stacked together at the same spot in some strange water area. Also when I returned to my aircraft, the elevation was messed up. I`m running vpilot with two PCs networked together.

Mike Brodersen
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you able to reproduce the problem by going back to the beta?

I ask because it is highly unlikely that the symptoms you describe were a result of running the beta. The code changes in the beta have nothing to do with aircraft location.

What do you mean by "the elevation was messed up" ?

Tzu Krew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My aircraft is normal at startup at the airport. I go to look at the AI aircraft in my area and the AI aircraft all lumped on top of each other. I go to return to my own cockpit and my aircraft is below the scenery when I return to my home airport. This has never happened with any of the previous versions of vPilot. Very strange.

Mike Brodersen
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is almost impossible that those symptoms were caused by the beta, because as I mentioned before, the beta changes have nothing to do with AI aircraft location, and they certainly have nothing to do with your own aircraft's elevation. I suspect something else is at play here.

Two follow up questions:

1) Was the problem certainly fixed by reverting to the Stable version?

2) Does the problem return if you switch back to the Beta version?

I can connect to the network to create targets and help you answer those questions if needed.

Tzu Krew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think I found a solution. Seems that I had to install the beta that includes traffic proxy in my FS machine. I was running a older version of traffic proxy and after I updated it, things seem to working normally now.
Nice flap animations and the AI aircraft have strobes again.

Mike Brodersen
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ACCONFIG feature is now available in the Stable channel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: