VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
vPilot V2 - Notification Sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaqib_Afzal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: vPilot V2 - Notification Sounds Reply with quote

Hi

I have installed and configured vPilot v2 on a networked setup. I have the latest stable version. I run the host mode on my sim pc and remote mode on my secondary PC.

I would like to know if its possible to have the notification sounds also come on the host pc running fsx?Bcz although i have the main interface running on the second PC i would definitely like to know when im being contacted by atc via text etc. Becuase currently notification sounds only come on the pc running on remote mode

Thanks
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying the remote is close enough for you to be able to READ the notifications, but it's far enough away that you can't HEAR the notification alert?

Aaqib_Afzal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, because i use headsets on both devices separately and do not really use the "speakers",

it will actually be convenient to have the notification sounds come off on the host machine
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll add an option to have incoming message notification sounds play on the host as well. I might also add an option to have the message displayed on the host window in addition to being sent to the remote.

Aaqib_Afzal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank a gig Very Happy...i was just about to write back and suggest if that could be added along with this feature...Awsome stuff Very Happy thanks again
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is now available in the latest version in the beta channel, which is currently 2.0.12.

Aaqib_Afzal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ross. Will give this a try and post back

Regards
Aaqib
Aaqib_Afzal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ross

After doing some testing on the latest beta version i made a note of some stuff.

Firstly i did not hear the sounds, im not sure if it was because my FS volume was high due to flying but i did not hear when i received messages. I had several alerts come up on unicom but did not hear anything or the sound was just not loud enough?

Some suggestions if its alright,
- Instead of having all messages appear specially once on unicom, will it be possible to only have private messages appear as text or messages directed to me by ATC?

- On first tuning into an active station is it possible to have station info appear as text?

- Would be nice to have the PTT button sound come out as well on fsx pc when trying to transmit on a frequency

Sorry if i made this a request thread, dont mean it that way just a suggestion

Thanks again for the help, overall the latest beta seems pretty good

Regards
Aaqib
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: