VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
vPilot and FS9 problems connecting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pazzo40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: vPilot and FS9 problems connecting Reply with quote

I'm back to FS9 (long story) and want to VATSIM again. FSInn works fine but sometimes the ghost of nearby a/c will latch onto mine, often obscuring my view. vPilot seemed like a good utility (good reviews) so I installed it but could not connect, trying every server listed. I repeatedly got the error message "attempting to connect ... failed to connect" etc. I installed a version I'd had for a while .11 and also .12 along with .14. None had any effect on the problem. At some point, I couldn't even launch vPilot - "unhandled exception, cannot detect simconnect". I found a simconnect installer but it's for FSX and P3D.

I checked my firewall and all of the vPilot items are allowed.

I know that I was able to connect a while ago before a Win7/64 reinstall.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Norman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vPilot has never, ever worked with FS9 so sadly you can not have used it to connect. One option would be to use SB4.
pazzo40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: OK, then, where can I get SB4? Reply with quote

I was wondering about that ... thanks for the clarification. I can't find a site where I can download SB4 ... it seems to have fallen off the edge of the planet. There's XSB for Xplane ... if you have the url for SB4, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, so much, for the response.
Don Desfosse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=65010
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: