VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
Network PC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cirurgiao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will see how to get this thing done. BTW, in Start/vPilot in both machines there are many options: Host Mode, Host Mode with voice, Remote Mode, Remote Mode with voice.
Can you clarify which one to use in both PCs? Sincerely hoping that this will be my last question. And again many tks.
Since my FSX-PC isn't connected to network I will try finding what's the trouble
Don Desfosse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just making sure, you did read this in the documentation, right? http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Documentation2.aspx#networking

and you still don't understand?

Host = Flight Sim computer
Remote = other compuer
Run one with voice and one without
cirurgiao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Don, I read it. I was really busy so didn't get enough time to answer this replay, so excuse me.
1) on Remote do I have to get my Host PC IP? I know that it's a very dumb question but if I don't ask I'll never learn but how do I get this IP? (I use a router)
2) in which machine do I run voice?
my way of thinking is that running vPilot in Remote would allow the vPilot window to stay open in another machine, leaving my FSX/X-Plane screen free of that window.
What I infer (and it may be my 2nd dumb question) is that to use voice in Remote I would need my headphone to be on the second PC too, isn't it?
Tks
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you start vPilot in host mode, it shows you its IP address. Sometimes it will show you multiple IP addresses. Pick the one that starts with 192 or 10. Enter that in the host address box in the vPilot settings on the remote.

As for where to run voice, it's your call. Yes, you will need your headset plugged into whichever machine is handling voice. PTT can be configured on either the host or the remote, or both.

cirurgiao

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross & Don.
It's really very nice of both helping me. Maybe it's so obvious but I need guidance. I'm going to make an upgrade in my machine and after that will follow your instructions and give a feedback.
Tks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: