VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
A Solution For Intel VGA Cards With Vista. WORKING

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahulp959

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: A Solution For Intel VGA Cards With Vista. WORKING Reply with quote

Windows Vista With Intel Chipset/Hardware/Graphic devices ONLY, Feel Free to try it with ATI/Nvidia. but i am not responsible for anything that may occur

1.Click Start. In Search Box type in Device Manager

2. Once it opens, expand the display adapters tab, you should see the chipset/graphic driver or whatever that is currently installed.

3. Right click your chipset/graphic driver and click Disable. go through any messages and whatever and just continue.

4. once done you may notice that your screen resolution has dropped but dont worry. we'll put it back just as it was.

5. Open up VRC and ensure that everything is ready and set to go, (you may connect etc. but for this i wont.)

6. Once opened and checked, go back to the device manager and re-enable your chipset/graphic driver, your screen resolution should now be back as normal. (if not just go ahead to the settings and set it as normal)

7.Connect to VATSIM, Close the device manager and Be Happy that now VRC Can work on Vista with an intel chipset/graphic driver.

8. Remember you must do this every time you want to open/re-open VRC. (you may wish to disable your chipset/graphic driver permantly but i dont know what problems could arise. i am also not responsible for any problems that do arise, if you do disable it permantly you will not need to go through these steps again)

If an Admin wishes to sticky this, they may, i believe that this could really help a lot of people

Last edited by rahulp959 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
rahulp959

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: A Solution For Windows Vista/Intel VGA Card/Chipset. WOR Reply with quote

Tell Me if you have any luck guys!
mitgolden76

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that solved most of my problems, but i'm still having problem with some of the text and symbols on my sector. That light green text should read "#HOU CLASS B" and is set up as a diagram.

[/img]
CMAURO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any chipset for a video card, you will always have those weird cymbols on VRC no matter what you do. I had that until I upgraded to an NVIDIA 8500GT and it has been fine ever since.
Baumy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT WORKED!!! WORKS FOR WINDWS 7 AS WELL
Baumy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACtually it makes the flight strip bay not work
dwing9@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fix is great if you only use one monitor. With the intel driver/adapter disabled, you can only use one monitor. Otherwise the same problem persists, only half of the buttons appear.

I contacted intel about this and they said to make any changes to graphic acceleration is should be done by the application. Thats why the Make Changes button is now greyed out in the adapter troubleshooting properties.

This has been so frustrating. I've tried registry updates using dwords and even tried rolling back to an older driver.

Ross, is there a simple patch for turning off the hardware acceleration that can be used?
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there is not.

dwing9@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Ross, the software is so impressive, minor bugs pale in comparison, thanks for making such a useful tool for the sim community. Very Impressive! VRC, VatSpy, VStar, VATIS user
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, glad you enjoy the software. (Note that vATIS is not my creation, though I did help Justin with it. Smile )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: