VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
Loss of voice transmission after a few minutes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin_Starski

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Loss of voice transmission after a few minutes Reply with quote

Hi, I'm the user of Win8 and P3D v2.5.

My problem with vpilot is loss of voice connection with ATC without any error.

After starting the application and connecting to the server after 4-8 minutes suddenly I stop hearing ATC. During the transmission of ATC there is no sound and the RX light is not illuminated.

As soon as I press the PTT, the situation back to normal for the next few minutes. Afterwards it happens again, which means that I lose the voice transmission (I don't hear anything, although my colleague hears the transmission on the same frequency). The same effect (reinstatement of voice transmission for a few minutes) can be obtained by chaning the ATC frequency.

Less than a year ago, I had the same situation in FSX... re-installation of vpilot didn't help. I even tried to uninstall some other FSX applications in order to check if it can help, but there was no positive result.

The only thing which helped me was the complete Windows reinstallation. After this procedure vpilot started working without any problem for another 6-7 months till now when the problem came back again. Port forwarding on the router mentioned in the earlier posts does not give anything. Besides vpilot so far worked without any problems on the same router in the same configuration .. and suddenly, for some unknown reason the above-mentioned problem appeared.

Can anyone help me?
How can you determine the cause of such vpilot behavior?

Any ideas will be appreciated. I really want to find the cause of problem as I cannot reinstall my Win/sim each time when the problem appears. Besides I cannot use any other VATSIM client in P3D, so in such situation my VATSIM adventure is suspended. Huge thanks in advance for your help!
Harpee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Loss Of Voice Transmission After a Few Minutes Reply with quote

Hi Martin, I'm experiencing the same issues as your are with VPilot. I have to refresh the Freq about every 5 minutes. I was using SquawkBox when this issue started and changed to Vpilot as there was no more support for SquawkBox, but the issue remains with Vpilot so there has to be an internal program causing the problem. If you come up with a definite solution please Post as it is very frustrating......Eddie
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like either your router or your firewall is closing off the port after an inactivity timeout. Usually port forwarding prevents the router from doing this.

If a reinstall of windows helped for a few months, then obviously something changed after a few months. Perhaps a windows update changed something. There are so many variables it's impossible to do more than guess.

FredK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same issue here. I do not know if it is related but the issue started happening after I upgraded to vPilot2.0. All was absolutely fine prior to that. The incoming voice disconnects are random. I can be OK for as long as 5 minutes or just a few seconds. I am running in a network host/remote arrangement. There is no difference if I have voice set up on one or the other. I did the port forwarding fix as prescribed and I updated both my modem and router.

The computer connections run through a switch so I will try replacing that next. I am also going to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of vPilot.

Fred
FredK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After replacing my network switches and doing a vPilot reinstall the problem appears to be resolved!

Fred K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: