VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
Beta V2 - Can't find Public Key?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCFlyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Beta V2 - Can't find Public Key? Reply with quote

I have used the release version for several months with P3D V3.3.5. I downloaded and installed the latest Beta V2. When I attempt to run Vpilot I get a message that it can't find the Public Key.

I uninstalled the beta and installed the release version and it runs with no problem. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a screenshot so I can see the exact error?

RCFlyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
Can you post a screenshot so I can see the exact error?

Here is the exact verbage:

"Error

Unhandled exception: Unable to obtain public key for StrongNameKeyPair.

OK"

Danny
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need to see a screenshot to provide context.

RCFlyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
I still need to see a screenshot to provide context.

Here you go.

Danny[/img]
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too small to read. Can you post a full size version?

Also check your vPilot installation folder for a GlobalExceptions.txt file and put that up somewhere for me to download.

RCFlyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
That's too small to read. Can you post a full size version?

Also check your vPilot installation folder for a GlobalExceptions.txt file and put that up somewhere for me to download.

See below:

DateStamp: 8/17/2016 16:24:02
Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to obtain public key for StrongNameKeyPair.
at System.Reflection.StrongNameKeyPair.nGetPublicKey(Boolean exported, Byte[] array, String container)
at System.Reflection.StrongNameKeyPair.get_PublicKey()
at System.AppDomain.InternalDefineDynamicAssembly(AssemblyName name, AssemblyBuilderAccess access, String dir, Evidence evidence, PermissionSet requiredPermissions, PermissionSet optionalPermissions, PermissionSet refusedPermissions, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IEnumerable`1 unsafeAssemblyAttributes)
at System.AppDomain.DefineDynamicAssembly(AssemblyName name, AssemblyBuilderAccess access)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.ModuleScope.CreateModule(Boolean signStrongName)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.ModuleScope.ObtainDynamicModuleWithStrongName()
at Castle.DynamicProxy.ModuleScope.ObtainDynamicModule(Boolean isStrongNamed)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.ModuleScope.DefineType(Boolean inSignedModulePreferably, String name, TypeAttributes flags)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.Emitters.ClassEmitter.CreateTypeBuilder(ModuleScope modulescope, String name, Type baseType, IEnumerable`1 interfaces, TypeAttributes flags, Boolean forceUnsigned)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.Emitters.ClassEmitter..ctor(ModuleScope modulescope, String name, Type baseType, IEnumerable`1 interfaces, TypeAttributes flags, Boolean forceUnsigned)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.InvocationTypeGenerator.GetEmitter(ClassEmitter class, Type[] interfaces, INamingScope namingScope, MethodInfo methodInfo)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.InvocationTypeGenerator.Generate(ClassEmitter class, ProxyGenerationOptions options, INamingScope namingScope)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Contributors.InterfaceProxyWithoutTargetContributor.GetInvocationType(MetaMethod method, ClassEmitter emitter, ProxyGenerationOptions options)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Contributors.InterfaceProxyWithoutTargetContributor.GetMethodGenerator(MetaMethod method, ClassEmitter class, ProxyGenerationOptions options, OverrideMethodDelegate overrideMethod)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Contributors.CompositeTypeContributor.ImplementMethod(MetaMethod method, ClassEmitter class, ProxyGenerationOptions options, OverrideMethodDelegate overrideMethod)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Contributors.CompositeTypeContributor.Generate(ClassEmitter class, ProxyGenerationOptions options)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.InterfaceProxyWithoutTargetGenerator.GenerateType(String typeName, Type proxyTargetType, Type[] interfaces, INamingScope namingScope)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.InterfaceProxyWithTargetGenerator.<>c__DisplayClass1.<GenerateCode>b__0(String n, INamingScope s)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.BaseProxyGenerator.ObtainProxyType(CacheKey cacheKey, Func`3 factory)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.InterfaceProxyWithTargetGenerator.GenerateCode(Type proxyTargetType, Type[] interfaces, ProxyGenerationOptions options)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.DefaultProxyBuilder.CreateInterfaceProxyTypeWithoutTarget(Type interfaceToProxy, Type[] additionalInterfacesToProxy, ProxyGenerationOptions options)
at Ninject.Extensions.Factory.BindToExtensions.ToFactory[TInterface](IBindingToSyntax`1 syntax, Func`2 instanceProvider, Type factoryType)
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what's causing that ... no one else has reported it. Some posts I found on the net suggest that it might be a file permissions issue, or a low disk space issue. Assuming you aren't running low on disk space, I would suggest that you run vPilot as an administrator and see if that corrects the issue.

RCFlyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
I'm not sure what's causing that ... no one else has reported it. Some posts I found on the net suggest that it might be a file permissions issue, or a low disk space issue. Assuming you aren't running low on disk space, I would suggest that you run vPilot as an administrator and see if that corrects the issue.

Run as Admin worked. Interesting that the prior version didn't need to be run as Admin. But, all is well.

Thanks for your help.

Danny
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vPilot 2.0 is a complete rewrite of much of the code, and it uses some third-party libraries that version 1 did not use. One of those libraries is the one responsible for that error, according to the exception report you posted. That library creates temporary files and it seems that your system is preventing it from doing so unless you run as an admin. So there's something slightly abnormal about your system permissions somewhere, but I'm not sure how to pinpoint it. If you're okay with running as an admin, we don't need to troubleshoot further.

RCFlyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
vPilot 2.0 is a complete rewrite of much of the code, and it uses some third-party libraries that version 1 did not use. One of those libraries is the one responsible for that error, according to the exception report you posted. That library creates temporary files and it seems that your system is preventing it from doing so unless you run as an admin. So there's something slightly abnormal about your system permissions somewhere, but I'm not sure how to pinpoint it. If you're okay with running as an admin, we don't need to troubleshoot further.

We are good. No need to put any more time into this.

Thanks again.

Danny
grimsan55

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im experincing the exact same error message. Running it as administrator does not help me.

This is what i do in order for it to work:

1. Re-install vpilot. When installation is done i makes sure the checkbox for "run vpilot" in the end is checked.
2. vpilot runs fine until i shut the program down, if i try to restart the application i get the same error message.

3. Rinse and repeat..

any help would be highly appreciated!
jsmcwilliam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running Prepar3D on a new Windows 10 machine. I run the sim from a separate D drive. I have installed vpilot but when I try to run it I get the same StrongNameKey Pair error described above. I have reinstalled several times and run as admin to no avail. The program ran without problem on my Windows 7 machine. Does anyone have a solution for this?
John
825orion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsmcwilliam wrote:
I am running Prepar3D on a new Windows 10 machine. I run the sim from a separate D drive. I have installed vpilot but when I try to run it I get the same StrongNameKey Pair error described above. I have reinstalled several times and run as admin to no avail. The program ran without problem on my Windows 7 machine. Does anyone have a solution for this?
John

Try making sure vPilot is also installed on the D drive??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: