VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
vPilot can not detect flight simulator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisdchase

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: vPilot can not detect flight simulator Reply with quote

Hello, last week my vPilot was working fine, but all of a sudden when I try to run the program with FSX SE running, I get the error "no supported flight simulators were detected! please ensure you have fsx or prepar3d installed correctly. vpilot will now exit.". To my knowledge, I have not recently installed a program that would possibly cause this problem. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling FSX SE.

http://prnt.sc/f7e1fc
http://prnt.sc/f7e1nv
http://prnt.sc/f7e1sp
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm ... vPilot looks for the steam edition registry key here:

\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX

(It looks in both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)

Obviously this doesn't match what you have ... I haven't seen your path before. No idea why yours is different.

Chrisdchase

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Ross, before I go in and change folder names I decided I should ask you. Should I change my FSX path to Optical (DSmile/Steam/Steamapps/Common/DovetailGames/FSX and then the registry to what you posted?
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter where the sim is actually installed, so long as the registry entry exists in the expected place, and the value of the AppPath key points to the location of your fsx.exe

Chrisdchase

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Problem Fixed Reply with quote

The first time I uninstalled, I uninstalled the application, but did not delete the folder in hopes of saving me an hour or more of having to redownlaod my addons, however that did not work. After trouble shooting for a few hours I realized I had no other option than to uninstall the application AND delete the folder, and now vPilot is "finding the simulator". Thanks for the help,

Sincerely,
Christopher Chase
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: