VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
Could not retrieve server list from network. Using the ca...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dmetrey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Could not retrieve server list from network. Using the ca... Reply with quote

"Could not retrieve server list from network. Using the cached server list and user - defined sever" - thats the full error i get when i try to start VRC. Theres a Subject just like my here and at the end of it someone says for people to wait for version 1.2 or 1.1 i dont remember but that was in 2007. I have download the latest version 1.2.1 and i still get this error...Soo anyone have any idea??
AT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just add all the servers to your myservers.txt file, much like you would have done with the sweatbox address. I've had this problem happen a lot for roughly the past year and half, and this is an easy and simple solution that worked around the problem.

Code:
88.198.19.202 EUROPE-C2 2
89.233.173.18 EUROPE-CE 2
88.198.64.7 EUROPE-CW 2
202.45.127.66 OCEANIA 2
80.249.101.122 UK-2 2
66.221.192.84 USA-S3 2
64.151.80.104 USA-W2 2

It'll put them into your server list just like it would do with sweatbox server.
Dmetrey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone Specify where i can find myservers.txt file since i never used the sweatbox :\
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is much better to fix the actual problem, than to manually hard-code the server list. If the servers ever change (which they do relatively often) your file will be out of date.

Something is blocking VRC from downloading the server list. It does this by http (a web connection). Try temporarily disabling any firewall or antivirus software to see if that's the culprit.

Dmetrey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont even have any of that installed. But thanks to AT i got it to work Very Happy thanks.
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dmetrey wrote:
I dont even have any of that installed. But thanks to AT i got it to work Very Happy thanks.

Excellent ... if it wasn't antivirus or firewall software, what was the problem? (Please post the fix here for other's benefit.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> User-to-User Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: