VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
Bookmark problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vSTARS User-to-User Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xalorplex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Bookmark problems Reply with quote

I just ran across a problem that I've never had before. I was setting up a new facility and imported the video maps that I wanted and then wanted to set up a few view bookmarks (using CTRL + ALT + #). I checked the text comm box and it was stating that my bookmarks were being set, but when I tried to use any of them (CTRL + 1, for example) it would set the view range properly but I was teleported to some other coordinates. My video maps and range rings were no where to be seen!

I noticed that the "OFF CNTR" button was being activated and I had to deselect the button to return to where I wanted to be. I tried exiting out and restarting the program, but the same thing happened.

EDIT: I just tried setting the bookmarks again and everything worked fine. The only think I can think of that may have fixed the problem was I had to manually set the center. The center set in CTRL+F in the airspace tab may not have been enough.
Andrew Wolcott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a known issue due to the accuracy to which bookmark centers are stored versus the lat/long center point of the "airspace center point."

Basically, it appears as off center because vSTARS stores the bookmarked center location in a more precise location, meaning more decimal places, versus the airspace center point.

Ross,

Correct me if I'm wrong?
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew, that explains why the OFF CNTR button would be depressed even though the center point matches the one in the facility config. That would not, however, explain why the center point was way off with the video maps and range rings nowhere to be seen.

Michael, please let me know if you see it happen again.

Xalorplex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross, I just ran into the same problem. Here's what I have done so far and I'll let you know how/if the problem gets fixed:

1) Setup the comms
2) Set the default/obs callsigns
3) Copy/paste the coordinates from airnav.com, set the visual range, squawk range
4) Import the video maps
5) Set the bookmarks

So far everything has been working properly except for the bookmarks. The range and TDM options are saved with the bookmarks, but the lat/long is way off. Even if I zoom out as far as possible, there are no video maps or range rings and I have to deselect "OFF CNTR" to get back to the

I tried shutting everything down and restarting but the bookmarks were still off.

Turns out, I have to manually use the "PLACE CNTR" button and click on the middle of the airport for the bookmarks to work. However, I didn't try resetting the bookmarks after the first reset. Maybe vSTARS needs to be restarted once after the airspace tab is configured before setting bookmarks? Just a guess, really...
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's probably the case.

Does this issue only occur when you are setting bookmarks during the very first time you use a newly-created facility?

Xalorplex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've only noticed this for newly created facilities. Bookmarks work fine in the older facilities.
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks ... I'll look into it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vSTARS User-to-User Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: