VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
Announcement: VMRGenerator tool for .vmr file generation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BradGrafelman wrote:

Ah; looks like WOAI missed the name change to "Jetairfly" (ICAO "JAF", callsign "BEAUTY" - lol) back in late 2005.

So I've updated my models accordingly. No more TUB Smile
Thank you for pointing out.
kiek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Version 1.8 released

Changes:

Approx. 150 new valid Airline codes added to ICAOAirlineCodes.txt

New fixes for invalid Aircraft Type codes added.

Better 'white space' treatment while reading info (resulting in finding more liveries).

Ignoring liveries, based on folder priority, is moved from pass 1 to to pass 2; AI_liveries.txt will always contain every livery found. Inj each line in AI_livereis.txt a number denoting the folder where it came from is added. The folders are numbered according to their position in the folders= parameter list (starting from 1).

skip_search_pass parameter removed. A separate subtool Generate.exe can be used to generate rules from AI_liveries.txt (note that Generate.exe is the same as pass 2 of VMRGenerator).

Generating Rules_set_3 and Rules_set_4 is redesigned, and a bug fixed. These rule sets are combined and now controlled with just one parameter: rules_set_3. The log shows the airlines of of MyAreaAirlineCodes.txt (if used).

A clear distinction is made in VMRGenerator.log between parameters for Search (pass 1) and parameters for Generation of rules (pass 2). In the log the relevant parameters for the pass are shown only.

The prompt parameter is renamed to exit_prompt.

Nico
srcooke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up for MyTraffic-X users, there are just a few aircraft entries using a capital 'S' in the config name, ie Sim.cfg instead of sim.cfg.

The vmr generator skips over these entries, doesn't appear to happen where 'Aircraft' is used.

It's so few Nico not sure if it's worth a workaround.
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely recommending making the program case-insensitive with regards to file names, since they are case-insensitive in the operating system itself.

kiek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case-insentiveness improved in version 1.9

Nico
eziocin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently used the tool for the first time as V 1.8. I have only IVAO MTL models installed and the tools worked flawlessly and generated the AI model matching rule that I then copied on the networked laptop. When I launched vPilot I removed the formerly installed IVAO model rule and loaded the AI Model Matching rule generated by the tool. However, when I connect vPilot and it starts populating FSX with the other planes, FSX hangs for a few seconds and then crash. It looks like it is the Traffic proxy installed on the main PC crashing, causing FSX in turn to crash. Tried to revert to the IVAO MTL rule embedded in vPilot and everything works fine. Any time I try to use the AI Model Matching rule generated by the VRM tool, it causes a FSX crash.
Any idea ?
Thanks
kiek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eziocin wrote:
I have recently used the tool for the first time as V 1.8. I have only IVAO MTL models installed and the tools worked flawlessly and generated the AI model matching rule that I then copied on the networked laptop. When I launched vPilot I removed the formerly installed IVAO model rule and loaded the AI Model Matching rule generated by the tool. However, when I connect vPilot and it starts populating FSX with the other planes, FSX hangs for a few seconds and then crash. It looks like it is the Traffic proxy installed on the main PC crashing, causing FSX in turn to crash. Tried to revert to the IVAO MTL rule embedded in vPilot and everything works fine. Any time I try to use the AI Model Matching rule generated by the VRM tool, it causes a FSX crash.
Any idea ?
Thanks

Hi,
Thx for your feedback, hmmm, weird.

1. It is very unlikely that VMRGenerator let your FSX crash. It only generates matching rules... The livery titles in the matching rules are all found in your FSX installation. If a livery title is incorrect, vPilot will give you a 'create object error message'.

2. However, there are liveries in IVAO_MTL that cause problems (while not correctly installed?). Most of them will let vPilot generate a create object error message, but some of them even let your FSX crash. I've noticed that too (!), and in version 2.0 of VMRGenerator I'll add a Test tool that test all the liveries found (via a SimConnect connection in FSX), so it will not put the ones that may cause these 'annoying' problems at "run time", in the matching rules.

What surprises me is, that although the chance that a livery that causes problems is matched is low (while it's only a minority that cause this problems and it is depending on the traffic at hand), you continuously seem to have that problem. That is strange, and worries me.

3. I have not studied the IVAO MTL that comes with vPilot in detail, but it might be a subset of what VMRGenerator generates. That could be an explanation for the difference in behavior.

4. I don't think Traffic Proxy has to do with this, but you can easily find that out by testing it without TrafficProxy.

Nico
eziocin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried also v 1.19 yesterday, but I had the same issue. On a general note, and replying to one of your comments, if the problem is caused by some IVAO MTL livery, why then the problem does not occur if I load and use IVAO model matching rule ?
I also noticed that the only instance when I didn't have the problem was when all the liveries in the airport where I was (EGKK, with a lot traffic at that moment) where properly matched and there was no "default a/c" in the surroundings ?. I thought the problem could be related to the use of default a/c selected. I made a couple of testing just changing the default aircraft but nothing changed.
Any suggestion ?
Thanks
kiek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eziocin wrote:
On a general note, and replying to one of your comments, if the problem is caused by some IVAO MTL livery, why then the problem does not occur if I load and use IVAO model matching rule ?

That is because the matching rules are different. For "normal"rules - with Callsign prefix and TypeCode - that is true, although there still might be a difference in the number of optional liveries in the rule.
However, in the IVAO.vmr are no TypeCode=ZZZZ rules. So if that occurs vPilot will fallback to the default aircraft, but with my .vmr vPilot will match a livery from the IVAO MTL. That's one difference.
Second, my .vmr has many options for liveries for a rule with a Typecode but no CallSignprefix. So that's different too. In general, my .vmr uses all corners of the IVAO MTL package, so there is more chance of hitting a livery that crashes FSX (that's why I'm working on that test tool).

It would be interesting to see what happens if you set rules_set_2 and rules_set_3 to 0 in VMRGenerator.cfg, so it will only generate "normal" rules.
Could you try that?

Last edited by kiek on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
kiek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.0 released.
Main change: test tool added.
srcooke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again thanks Nico for the latest release.

The test tool highlighted numerous errors in the MyTrafficX 5.4c files, mainly invalid links to non-existent model entries.
eziocin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of updates:
rule generated with rules_set_2&3 =0 went OK. No FSX crash
This was still with V. 1.9

I have tried to use V 2.0 test. I understand that FSX must be running in order to have the test working...do you confirm ?
Running the test caused FSX to crash at approximately 900 liveries to go. Tried three times and same story everytime at the same point.
kiek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eziocin wrote:

I have tried to use V 2.0 test. I understand that FSX must be running in order to have the test working...do you confirm ?

Confirm, don't you see that in the test window? Make sure you see the test window...

eziocin wrote:

Running the test caused FSX to crash at approximately 900 liveries to go. Tried three times and same story everytime at the same point.

You should let Test continue after the crash, it'll wait 2 minutes for FSX to restart automatically or (manually by you).
Try again, close the test window when it is completely finished, and post the Test.log file. Here an example of a test.log of mine with a FSX crash on a IVAO_MTL livery.
eziocin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiek wrote:
eziocin wrote:

Confirm, don't you see that in the test window? Make sure you see the test window...

eziocin wrote:

You should let Test continue after the crash, it'll wait 2 minutes for FSX to restart automatically or (manually by you).
Try again, close the test window when it is completely finished, and post the Test.log file. Here an example of a test.log of mine with a FSX crash on a IVAO_MTL livery.

OK ...I followed what you said and I finally managed to complete the test 100%. I also reset the rules_set_2&3=1 and re launched the VMRGenerator.
Now everything looks fine....no default liveries and I completed two flights with no crashes.
Regards
kiek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eziocin wrote:

OK ...I followed what you said and I finally managed to complete the test 100%. I also reset the rules_set_2&3=1 and re launched the VMRGenerator.
Now everything looks fine....no default liveries and I completed two flights with no crashes.
Regards

Good to hear!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: