VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
Announcement: VMRGenerator tool for .vmr file generation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eziocin wrote:
OK ...I followed what you said and I finally managed to complete the test 100%. I also reset the rules_set_2&3=1 and re launched the VMRGenerator.
Now everything looks fine....no default liveries and I completed two flights with no crashes.
Regards

Could you share with us which aircraft caused the crash(es)?
kiek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundman wrote:
eziocin wrote:
OK ...I followed what you said and I finally managed to complete the test 100%. I also reset the rules_set_2&3=1 and re launched the VMRGenerator.
Now everything looks fine....no default liveries and I completed two flights with no crashes.
Regards

Could you share with us which aircraft caused the crash(es)?

Why would you?
I recommend that you run the Test tool. It takes not more then 8 minutes to test the IVAO_MTL and your rules are safe. Also note that a livery at his machine not necessarely crashes at your machine, and vice versa.
WebMaximus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all a big thanks for sharing such a great tool!

I'm always very impressed by people investing lots of their spare time into things like this and then decide to share it for free with the community.

Just downloaded this tool and along with vPilot, have been running FSInn up until now and thought I would give vPilot a spin to see what it's all about.

Now to my problem, when I run VMRGenerator.exe it ends with an error message saying

??? No liveries found in folder SimObjects\MyAI

And a bit further down it says

ERROR: File AI_liveries.txt not found

I have about 60 aircraft models and about 250 liveries in that path. It's actually a subset of IVAO MTL but I manually modified the models to be fully DX10 compatible.

An example of what the folder structure under SimObjects\MyAI looks like

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\MyAI\IVAO_B738\texture.SAS

Any idea what could cause this?
kiek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WebMaximus wrote:

Yes, I have; that's because you have not used default IVAO_MTL installation folder...
See the FAQ at my website about deducing rules:

"Note that IVAO_MTL does not support these parameters, but thanks to their rigid information structure I could generate rules for their aircrafts as well. You only have to install the IVAO MTL in its default folder: SimObjects\IVAO_MTL."

If you want to use VMRGenerator you have to re-organise your AI folder structure. I think changing it to
..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL\IVAO_B738\
will do. It's not too difficult, but do not forget to change your SimObjectsPaths in FSX.CFG accordingly.

Nico
WebMaximus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiek wrote:
WebMaximus wrote:

Yes, I have; that's because you have not used default IVAO_MTL installation folder...
See the FAQ at my website about deducing rules:

"Note that IVAO_MTL does not support these parameters, but thanks to their rigid information structure I could generate rules for their aircrafts as well. You only have to install the IVAO MTL in its default folder: SimObjects\IVAO_MTL."

If you want to use VMRGenerator you have to re-organise your AI folder structure. I think changing it to
..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL\IVAO_B738\
will do. It's not too difficult, but do not forget to change your SimObjectsPaths in FSX.CFG accordingly.

Nico

Thanks for your prompt reply and sorry for not reading the instructions on your web site careful enough. Will give it another shot after renaming the folder.

Reason I chose another name for "my" AI folder is I also have the standard IVAO_MTL folder under the SimObjects folder to be able to run the MTL update program. Guess I'll just have to create a simple batch file that will rename the folders temporarily before running the MTL update program and then change the names back when I'm done.
WebMaximus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing, VMRGenerator couldn't find the correct FSX path which in my case is F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X but instead after running VMRGenerator the first time looking in the cfg file the path was only F like this

FSX_or_P3D_path=F

This of course was easy to fix by simple typing in the correct path manually, was more curious why the correct path was not detected automatically? Normally other FSX add-ons always find the correct FSX path.
BradGrafelman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WebMaximus wrote:
Guess I'll just have to create a simple batch file that will rename the folders temporarily before running the MTL update program and then change the names back when I'm done.
... or, even better/simpler, just create what Microsoft called a "Directory Junction" (see the `mklink' command).
WebMaximus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BradGrafelman wrote:
... or, even better/simpler, just create what Microsoft called a "Directory Junction" (see the `mklink' command).

Thanks, I'll check that out.
kiek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WebMaximus wrote:

FSX_or_P3D_path=F

This of course was easy to fix by simple typing in the correct path manually, was more curious why the correct path was not detected automatically? Normally other FSX add-ons always find the correct FSX path.

VMRGenerator was able to find it, but I made some changes, and now a bug ...
Will change it tomorrow.

Type it manually indeed, for the time being.

Thx for your feedback.

EDIT: Fixed, please download 2.0 again.
WebMaximus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BradGrafelman wrote:

Haven't looked into "Directory Junctions" earlier I decided to still go with a very simple batch file. For anyone interested or in the same situation as me using a subset of the IVAO MTL and still wanting to be able to run the MTL updater program every now and then this is how I did it.

Obviously you would need to change the paths/names and the location of mtl.exe to whatever suits your own installation.

Code:
@echo off
ren "F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL" "IVAO_MTL.tmp"
ren "F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL.org" "IVAO_MTL"
echo.
echo Press any key when finished...
call "F:\Program Files (x86)\IVAO\IvAp v2\mtl.exe"
pause > NULL
ren "F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL" "IVAO_MTL.org"
ren "F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL.tmp" "IVAO_MTL"

WebMaximus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiek wrote:
WebMaximus wrote:

FSX_or_P3D_path=F

VMRGenerator was able to find it, but I made some changes, and now a bug ...
Will change it tomorrow.

Type it manually indeed, for the time being.

Thx for your feedback.

EDIT: Fixed, please download 2.0 again.

Just tried the latest version and it works like a charm!

Completed successfully with all the correct values in the cfg file filled out automatically on the first run.

Great work Very Happy
kiek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WebMaximus wrote:

Great work Very Happy

Thank you Richard. Spread the news Very Happy

Did you also run the Test tool to see if all your AI aircraft are installed correctly in FSX? This to prevent error messages from vPilot or FSX crashes, while flying on-line?

Nico
mcdonar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2.0 ran without difficulties. And because I have no AI aircraft, nothing else to check.
Many thanks for all your efforts, Nico.
WebMaximus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiek wrote:
WebMaximus wrote:

Great work Very Happy

Thank you Richard. Spread the news Very Happy

Did you also run the Test tool to see if all your AI aircraft are installed correctly in FSX? This to prevent error messages from vPilot or FSX crashes, while flying on-line?

Nico

Yes, I did run the Test tool and no problem were reported so that feels good!

Now I just need to learn the new logic in how your great tool and the new vPilot client work being used to FSInn. Did a very quick test yesterday and noticed some strange things where the default aircraft model/livery was used although I'm pretty sure I have both the correct a/c model and repaint but I'm sure it's just me not fully understanding the logic yet.

Will do some more reading over at your site to make sure I use your tool to the fullest and will also need to learn more about vPilot. The first thing I need to figure out is what the best way is to find out what a/c models and repaints I'm missing since I manually get them one by one from the real IVAO_MTL folder to be able to first convert the textures to be fully DX10 compatible before I drop them into my own IVAO_MTL folder.
pramod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nico Kaan 'kiek',

Great job with your tool - VMR Generator.
Many thanks and respects for your time and efforts in developing this.

Wanted to let you know it was very helpful ! God bless you !! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: