VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
CID/Password connection error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panos K

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: CID/Password connection error Reply with quote

Hello. First of all I read the documentation and searched this forum under "CID/Password" to see if others are having the same issue. I noticed two other similar posts but these did not help me.

I am able to log into VATSIM with my CID and password. However, as this is my first time using vPilot I am not able to "Connect". I have 'copied and pasted' my password (actually it is a number) but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Panos K
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when you try?

Panos K

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Thanks Ross Reply with quote

It seems to connect me and then within milliseconds disconnects me from the network. My connection to the Flight Simulator still remains.
It basic tells me "Invalid CID/password"
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean when you say you are able to log into VATSIM?

Panos K

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The intent of mentioning logging in to VATSIM (basically going to the website and checking my profile, flightplan history etc...) is to demonstrate that I am using the exact same CID/password combination for the VATSIM site as I am for the vPilot program.

If I am able to log in to VATSIM to check my profile with the same CID/password combo one would think I would have no issues in connecting to the vPilot servers as well.

As an fyi it tells me 'X' servers found so I guess it does retrieve the info there. Also, I have disabled Firewalls and Anti-virus as a test to see if those were the culprits.

It perplexes me with the fact that vPilot returns an error and actually refers to my CID/password....which I have confirmed are correct.

Thanks for looking into this Ross.
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried all the servers?

Panos K

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't 'see' them' as I get disconnected due to a 'CID/password' error when I press the "Connect" button at the top left of the panel.

Are you referring to clicking a different "USA-C" or "EUROPE" or "USA-E" server from the drop down menu in "Settings"?
Panos K

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: SUCCESS ! Reply with quote

Hi Ross. I just tried it again and switched to a UK server. I was able to connect. What threw me off is that the error message I received was not server related but rather CID/password related and this is why one would think it can't be a server problem.

Thanks
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can indeed be a server-specific problem because each server keeps its own copy of the membership database and if one of them gets out of sync with the master, you can have this problem.

Which server were you getting the error from?

When was your account created?

Did you recently change your password?

Panos K

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the US servers only.

About a month ago I asked VATSIM to reactivate my account as it was dormant for a while.

I didn't realize each server kept its own CID/password database. It makes sense now.

Thanks again for your time Ross. And also THANK YOU for vPilot !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: