VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
World of AI package downloader
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: World of AI package downloader Reply with quote

Hi all,

I wrote a basic Windows app for downloading selected World of AI packages. The app requires the .NET framework version 4.

The list of available packages is parsed from the World of AI web site and shown in a list grouped by category and country. You can select some or all of the packages and download them into a specified folder. You would then use the World of AI installer to actually install the packages.

Note that if a package has links for both FS9 and FSX, you can select which version to download by using a dropdown in the configuration area.

NOTE THAT THIS IS A DOWNLOADER ONLY. YOU ARE STILL REQUIRED TO INSTALL THE PACKAGES INTO YOUR SIM USING THE WOAI INSTALLER SOFTWARE!

Here's a screenshot:

Here's the link to download the executable:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Assets/Files/WorldOfAiDownloader.exe

Here's the code on GitHub if anyone is interested:

https://github.com/RossMetacraft/WorldOfAiDownloader

Last edited by Ross on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
mcdonar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ross,
I am confused!
I want to load all of the WOAI liveries into my P3Dv2.5 installation.
What sequence do I have to follow to achieve this with this new program?
Regards, Richard Confused
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This program just downloads the packages. It does not install them into FSX or P3D. You still need to run the World of AI installer once you've downloaded the packages.

I don't think the World of AI installer supports P3D, but I've seen references to forum posts out there that explain how to trick the installer into thinking you have FSX installed when it's actually P3D. You'll need to do some Googling.

Personally, I have both FSX and P3D installed, so I use the WoAI installer to install the packages into FSX, then I manually copied the WoAI folder from my FSX SimObjects folder into my P3D SimObjects folder and manually edited the SimObjects.cfg file to reference it.

mcdonar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ross.
Very helpful. Smile
BradGrafelman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
Personally, I have both FSX and P3D installed, so I use the WoAI installer to install the packages into FSX, then I manually copied the WoAI folder from my FSX SimObjects folder into my P3D SimObjects folder and manually edited the SimObjects.cfg file to reference it.

Not sure what amount of disk space we're talking about here, but to save space (and a bit of time), note that a directory junction (Microsoft's word for hard directory symlinks) could be of use here.

Otherwise, yeah, I've heard it's potentially as simple as creating an empty text file named "FSX.EXE" in your P3D main folder to get the WoAI installer to proceed with the installation.

Last edited by BradGrafelman on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of using a symlink, but I'm actually planning to get rid of FSX once I get P3D fully set up and performing well. I only recently installed it ... I've been using only FSX historically.

Fabian Fuchs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sir,

thanks for this awesome software so, I'm unable to connect using my vatsim ID and password (same as used for connect with vPilot?)

What's wrong??

thanks a lot

Fabian
BradGrafelman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabian Fuchs wrote:
I'm unable to connect using my vatsim ID and password (same as used for connect with vPilot?)

As far as account information goes, AVSIM is completely unrelated to VATSIM. So no, you would not want to use the same ID and password for it.
Fabian Fuchs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oups....

my mistake, all work like a charm with good login & password Embarassed

thanks a lot
peja1591

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: I need some help please Reply with quote

Hello,

I am trying to get the installer and packages to work, but it is just not working for me. It wont download any of the packages for me, I have fs9 I am trying to download them for fs9... can you please tell me if i am doing something wrong?

I have gotten a new laptop recently and it came with windows 10, and when i got to install .netframwork 4 it says i cannot install it because there is already a newer version installled.

I even went to my friends house who has win 7 on his laptop and i tried to download to my external hard drive and it was showing the same thing.

help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

[img][/img]
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the downloader to fix this issue. It was caused by AVSIM changing the way they handle download links.

You can get the fixed version at the same URL as before:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Assets/Files/WorldOfAiDownloader.exe

WebMaximus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice application Ross, many thanks for writing and sharing it with us!

I do all my flying online on Vatsim and I have never used WOAI models before. Currently I'm using MT6 models for my online traffic. It works pretty OK in most cases but I'm not very impressed by the quality of the models to be honest so for this reason I'm considering starting using WOAI instead.

Do you know if the WOAI models look OK also during nighttime in P3Dv3?

Reason I ask is I remember when using IVAO MTL models they didn't look good at nighttime when using FSX in DX10 mode and I remember the reason for that was the models were actually DX9 models and I think that is also the case with most WOAI models? What happened was that the airline logos on the models were replaced with a plain grey color.
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never noticed a problem with the WoAI models in P3D, so I think you'll be fine.

WebMaximus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great, look forward to check the WOAI models out in P3Dv3!

I just downloaded all the AI packages using your application and I then ran the WOAI Installer and with only P3Dv3 on my disk I chose the extract option in the installer and typed in a path to extract all models to ...\Prepar3D v3\WOAITraffic.

After this I added the following lines in SimObjects.cfg

[Entry.10]
Title=WOAI Aircraft Models
Path=WOAITraffic
Required=True
Active=True

I then started vPilot and downloaded all the model matching rule sets for WOAI, started up P3D and tried the 'Run model matching test' button found under the Model Matching tab in vPilot and I was flooded by error messages saying 'Failed to create test aircraft...'

So looks like I did something wrong here. Is the location of the WOAI models folder of importance maybe or can you think of anything else I did wrong to have vPilot find the WOAI models?
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks okay to me. Is Entry.10 definitely the right number? You don't have any duplicates or gaps in the sequence?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: