VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
Vpilot audio settings not followed by the program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSR970

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Vpilot audio settings not followed by the program Reply with quote

Hello all

I'm having a very silly issue with my vpilot ....I'm having a loud speakers and they are assigned as the default device and a Ligitech wireless headset assigned as default communication device
I used to use the speakers for the simulator sounds and the wireless one to vpilot communication (even assigned inside the vpilot audio settings)
The problem now is that sometimes the ATC voice came normally into the headset and some other times it's going to the speakers.....any clue how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Ahmed Hamad
EGYPTAIR Virtual
The CEO
MSR970

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any help please....this is becomes very silly

Should I revert back to the analogue headset? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Don Desfosse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thousands of users use just the configuration you are talking about -- USB headset for vPilot and speakers for the flight sim. I've never heard of such a problem with anyone using vPilot before (intermittently switching back and forth). I'm afraid if no one else is having the issue, you might not get a lot of ideas.

Are you running vPilot as an administrator (I believe this is required to save changes to your configuration)?

It sounds like it is an intermittent issue. If so, can you think of what variables are different when it happens vs. when it does not? When it is happening, have you gone into vPilot's configuration settings and seen which audio devices are selected for use by the application?

Did it just happen one day and it's been happening since then? If so, suggest using a Windows restore point to a known-good point.

If one of the above points did not lead you to a solution, the next time it happens, please take a screen shot of the vPilot audio configuration settings and post it here.
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Windows is losing its connection to the headset device. Maybe the USB port's physical connection is shaky. When it loses the connection, I would check to see if the headset is still listed as the audio device in vPilot's settings.

MSR970

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Don and Ross for your replies

Well, the problem is that the device is recognised by both windows and vPilote but sometimes not following the assignment !!

I have had a test last night by removing the USB from the port before starting the PC and after starting up, re-placed the USB in the port and opened the Headset so it worked.....but I do not know if this will continue or not.

I have tested the USB in all ports when the problem is happened but with same result.

and yes the vPilote is on admin mode in both installation and in the .exe file as well.

I will re check several more times and will report back

Thanks and happy new year Smile
MSR970

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ross

Unfortunately I'm still suffering the sme issue.

It was temporary resolved by calibrating the mic each time I run vpilot and before running the sim.

Few dys back even this temporary solution refused to work.

I do not know wht to do really. :/
MSR970

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tested all the output sources available in the drop-down menu and the program is not responding tothe selection !!!

I need to post a photo here but I do not know how :/
MSR970

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the image from my vpilot

http://imgur.com/a/kvctl
MSR970

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some work around:

I have inverted the default comm device with the default device i.e the USB headphones become the default device and the Speakers as the default communication device and I can confirm that the vpilot is following the default device assignments not the communication device assignment.

That's why I kept hearing the ATC always on my speakers not on my USB wireless headphones.

I hope this will help finding out a solution.

Thanks

Ahmed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: