VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
vPilot Not Transmitting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shandman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ross. I am new to vPilot but not new to online simming. Used to use SquawkBox, but have been out of the hobby for years. Just geting back in and decided to give vPilot a go. I am having the exact same symptoms as posted by RichMD5. I hear the buzz if I am not tuned to an active cntlr channel. If I am tuned to a cntlr, I don't see the TX indicator and I do not hear th ebuzz. I have tried all combinations of admin and non admin and even tried a j-stick button assignment. (Same results using button or keyboard). I am running Win7 as opposed to Win 10 and I do not have the specific advanced recording option RichMD5 mentions. I do see mic activity in the recording devices app so the mic works and its sig is getting into the computer. I am stumped! I do have the latest version of vPilot installed via its auto-update function.
pbandpickleboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably a stretch, but it worked for me when my PTT stopped working briefly. Try unassigning whatever your PTT is, and then reassign it.
Shandman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reassignment is no joy, A few other symptoms that may shed light. When vPilot is connected to FSX, shouldn't the PC/FSX generated aircraft disappear and only VATSIM connected aircraft show up? I see only the generated aircraft and never any VATSIM-connected aircraft although vatspy shows VATSIM aircraft in the close vicinity. I though not having FSUIPC4 installed was the issue but after buying it and installing (successfully) no change to my non-TX problem. Does FSUIPC need to be configured in any particular way? Any thoughts?
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connecting to VATSIM does not remove AI traffic generated by the sim. That was a feature in FS9 with Squawkbox (and possibly FSInn) but not with FSX.

FSUIPIC is not needed at all. vPilot does not use FSUIPC in any way.

If you open the debug window and press PTT, is there a message displayed in the debug window?

Shandman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ross. I went to an active CNTL area (Washington CTR), opened the debug window, tuned to the controller freq, verified I was hearing talk (between CTR and SKW2025 who was on the ramp near me), then pressed the PPT (RCNTL) for just over a second. You can see debug tracked all that. However, no TX indicator, and no error beep either. As previously mentioned, no neighboring aircraft (SKW2025 in this case) can be seen. Also- I am running everything as an Admin for what its worth.

BTW, thanks for your support!

[09:50:52.863] Aircraft discovered: SKW2025 - requesting CAPS, sending CAPS, requesting aircraft info
[09:50:53.724] Received capabilities list from: SKW2025 - VERSION=1:MODELDESC=1:ATCINFO=1
[09:50:53.726] Received legacy aircraft info for SKW2025 after fewer than 3 updates, ignoring
[09:50:54.274] Received capabilities request from SKW2025 - sending CAPS and requesting aircraft info
[09:50:55.037] Model match result - Callsign: SKW2025 - TypeCode: CRJ2 - ModelName: Bombardier CRJ 700 Paint1 - Rule Set: AutoGenerated - Pass: 4
[09:50:55.038] Received unchanged aircraft info for SKW2025 - already have a model selected
[09:50:57.873] Aircraft added to sim: SKW2025
[09:52:49.445] Push to talk state changed: True
[09:52:50.616] Push to talk state changed: False
Shandman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I verified a Controller can see me on radar (Mode C of course)...
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using standalone vpilot, or networked host/remote mode?

Shandman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standalone, Ross.
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a screenshot showing the vpilot window including the debug window just after you pressed the PTT key?

Don Desfosse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be interested in seeing the Controller Info whenever you discover this issue. To request this information, double-click on the controller in the controller list. The information will appear as green lines in the main message area.
Shandman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this screenshot is legible (PhotoBucket). Here's the sequence of events: Launched vPilot. Launched FSX. Moved to KORD where CHI_35_CTR was up. Used .com1 to set COM! to 127.8. Started hearing chatter. Pressed RCNTL (PTT assignment) at 12:29:26:690. Did not see TX LED, (did not hear off-freq warning buzz either). Released PTT at 12:29:28:185. Took screenshot using Snipping Tool.

[img]http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z363/amshandman/vPilot_Screenshot_1.jpg~original[/img]
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you entered the .com1 command, did you hear the sound that indicates you have been connected to the voice channel?

Shandman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, I always hear the "connect to ATC" chirp/sound either by using the .com command or manually dialing in the freq on the radio stack. Everything looks and sounds correct except for no TX. Very strange.
Don Desfosse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, info in the screenshot kills the theory I had. Thanks.
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I have no idea what's happening. The combination of symptoms you describe shouldn't even be possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: