VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
Network PC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skysurfer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Network PC Reply with quote

Hi.
I cannot figure out how to set up vPilot on network PC, never done this before. I have required Simconnect version and I had configured SDK as suggested in PMDG website. vPilot installed on both PCs.

From vPilot manual:
"...you will need to run the vPilot TrafficProxy program on the machine that is running FSX. You'll see a shortcut to run the TrafficProxy in the vPilot folder in the programs list on the start menu. The TrafficProxy can be run on the FSX machine either before or after vPilot is started on the remote machine."
I have vPilot installed in Users-Admin-AppData-Local folder by default and I cannot find shortcut for TrafficProxy program in there.
The other confusion - vPilot folder in the programs list on the start menu. What odes it mean In the program list of START MENU. Is it should be still inside of vPilot folder?
Overall vPilot work good on FSX PC. No luck on network.

Thx for looking [/i]
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of vPilot are you running? I'm guessing you're on 2.0 but somehow you came across instructions for 1.0. TrafficProxy no longer exists. vPilot 2.0 no longer uses SimConnect to communicate with itself over the network.

Here are the docs for 2.0:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Documentation2.aspx

And here is the download for 2.0 in case you don't have it already:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Download.aspx

skysurfer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I have V. 2.0.11.0 on both PCs.
Do I have to have SimConnect on Network PC?
I tried both ways. I installed SimConnect on Network PC and when I ran vPilot on Network PC I got message- FSX not found. If I run vPilot without SimConnect installed in Network PC I got message Unhandled exemption Simconnect not found.

Also can you clarify this please from new manual:

1. To launch vPilot in host or remote mode, you can use the special shortcuts that were created in your start menu programs list when you installed vPilot.

What is Special shortcut? When I installed vPilot on Network PC the shortcut looks same as on my FSX PC.

2. on the sim computer, launch vPilot in "host" mode

How can I run it in HOST mode? Just run it?

On the other computer, the one where you want to see the vPilot user interface, launch vPilot in "remote" mode

Same question. How do I run it in REMOTE mode? Just run it clicking on icon as Administrator?

Thansk again for help.

Edward
skysurfer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. That was me! I found those special shortcuts. They were hidden in vPilot folder in W10 start menu. Will try t set it up now.
Will report back.

Thx
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need SimConnect on the remote machine. vPilot uses its own proprietary network connection between the remote and host. You still need SimConnect on the host, of course, so that vPilot can talk to the sim via SimConnect, but you do not need SimConnect on the remote, and you do not need to configure SimConnect networking with SimConnect.cfg/xml files, unless you have other apps running on the remote that need SimConnect to talk to the sim on the host.

skysurfer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.
I have some progress. I was able to run and connect vPilot on both PCs. In windows -Connected to SIM, remote and Network shown three green "YES". No errors anywhere. So now I am trying to figure out how to set Audio. Last message I saw on network PC stating Audio was not configured.
I cannot access Audio setting on both PCs. If I click on Audio tab in Network PC i see message "These settings must be configured on host PC. If I click Audion on Host PC I see same massage but shown that I have to configure it on Remote PC. So how can configure it then? Smile
The last question. To what PC do I have to connect my headphones? Currently I have it connected on Host PC, PTT has same button but no transmitting. Certainly I am doing something wrong.
Thank you
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have missed this part of the docs:

vPilot Documentation wrote:
You'll notice that there are two shortcuts for starting vPilot in host mode and two for starting it in remote mode. One shortcut includes voice communications, and one doesn't. This allows you to choose which machine will handle connections to the VATSIM voice servers for communicating with ATC. You must choose either the host or the remote to handle voice communications. You cannot have voice comms running on both the host and the remote at the same time.

You need to enable voice comms on either the remote or the host. Whichever one you want to plug your headset into. Then you'll be able to configure audio on that copy of vPilot.

skysurfer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy that. Thank you.
skysurfer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done several flights online and looks like it is working great both on host and network PC.
Now I need to figure out how to have vPilot via headphones and aircraft and other sounds via PC monitors (not sure if it worth it at all). I think it is a matter of how I connect my headphones and W10 settings, not vPilot itself.

Thanks for the awesome software and support.
cirurgiao

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some problems:
1) My FSX PC is in the vPilot Host Mode and my Addon PC has vPilot in Remote.
2) I got my FSX PC IP adress and put it in the remote
3) vPilot Host Mode shows green (connected to simulator) and red (connected to remote & connected to network) and at settings Host port 8809
4) vPilot Host Mode shows listening to remote connections on IPs: 192.168.1.xx and some variations but don't get any answers
5) I understand that I have a router but how do I allow the communication between Host & Remote? Iknow that these may be dumb but really I'm novice in this kind of knowledge.
Tks
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you enter for the host address in the remote settings?

cirurgiao

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Ross. Tks for answering so soon.
I got my IP adress from a website and since vPilot Remote calls for an IP adress I thought this was it. I didn't try to pick my IP from the router I use.
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any IP address shown by a web site is going to be your public IP, not your local LAN IP.

You should enter the IP that the host displays ... the one that starts with 192.168.1.

cirurgiao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross, I really don't know so much about LAN IP to find my IP address. I just connect my PCs in the router and that's it. Could you be so so so very kind to tell me how do I find this LAN IPs?
Sorry about this dumb question.
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you start vPilot in host mode, it displays the IP address(es) that it is listening on. You pasted it into your reply above:

cirurgiao wrote:
4) vPilot Host Mode shows listening to remote connections on IPs: 192.168.1.xx and some variations but don't get any answers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: