VRC Forum Index VRC Forums
Support, bug reports and general discussion related to the Virtual Radar Client for VATSIM.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOTE: These forums are now read-only. For new posts, please use the appropriate VATSIM forum.
AI Aircraft Display Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: AI Aircraft Display Issue Reply with quote

Hi All

I have an issue with the new vPilot V2 regarding movement of displayed aircraft. I am experiencing significant stuttering, freezes, and missing planes. Communications are fine.

It appears that V2 is not compatible with WideView (WideTraffic). I use WV in a multi-channel display arrangement. Planes appear as normal on the WV server but do not appear correctly on the WV clients. So there is some interference going on.

I have vPilot configured in a network arrangement....vPilot Host on the P3D main computer and vPilot Remote w/voice on a non-WV client.

I reinstalled Version 1, and all is perfectly smooth as normal using the Traffic Proxy method.

Any ideas on this?

Fred
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't make much sense ... the version of vPilot shouldn't make any difference for the WV clients. If anything, v2 should work better because with v2 all simconnect stuff is done on the host, and the remote is just a "remote control" for the vPilot UI.

In V1, in a split configuration, the remote handled most of the simconnect calls, and the traffic proxy just handled interpolated (smoothed) position updates.

FredK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ross -

Yes ...It does not make any sense to me either, particularly since V2 involves getting away from SimConnect which of course can sometimes be a nightmare. But it definitely is the reality here, I have gone back and forth between using the two versions and it is always the same...V1 works perfectly, V2 has significant issues as described. So something is interfering with the WideTraffic display on the clients.

I found an old thread in the ProSim forum over the weekend where some fellow using WV had the same problem as I am describing but with the V1 version. Again, the problem being that the AI planes appear OK on the WV server but not on the clients. He claims to have fixed it by moving all his AI to the aircraft folder. I do have my "My Traffic" AI located in a remote file, so I am going to follow up on that to see if it makes any difference. However he was having this problem with V1....which is not the case here.

Any other ideas to look at would be welcome as I would like to stay current with the versions.

Thanks,
Fred
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His story is even more bizarre ... I can't imagine how the physical location on the hard drive would have any effect on the smooth movement of aircraft. Once the model is loaded, it's loaded ... shouldn't matter what folder it came from.

Anyway, back to your situation ... does the problem occur if you run vPilot in standalone mode on the WV server?

FredK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My issue is resolved!

For rule matching I "unticked" the file locations in "Advanced" and set up a custom rule file in "Custom" using VMR Generator.

All is working ultra smoothly again...better than ever! Just completed a VATSIM flight out of KATL this evening that had over 30 aircraft on the ground!

I still can't understand why there was an issue since it involved the same files, but something was mucking up the communications between WV server and clients.

Thanks,
Fred
Ross
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that there was a mismatch between the WV server and clients in terms of which models were installed and their installed locations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VRC Forum Index -> vPilot Discussion and Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: